Here we have tried to answer some of the frequently asked questions about moving, transport or storage. If you can’t find the answer to a specific question, please speak with a member of our staff. We are happy to assist you further.
- Do you supply packing materials?
No, but you can buy or rent packing materials in advance.
- Do I have to collect the packing materials?
If you move with us, we will deliver the packing materials.
- Do you also do disposals?
Yes. We specialise in all types of house clearances, disposing of any items no longer used in an environmentally friendly manner.
- Do you also dismantle and assemble furniture?
Yes, we dismantle and assemble furniture such as sliding-door cabinets, double beds, wall units, etc.
- Do you also dismantle and assemble USM furniture?
Of course. We have team members who are well versed in handling and assembling USM furniture systems.
- Can I rent a vehicle?
No. Our vehicles are only available with qualified personnel. We can, however, transport any removal goods that won’t fit in your car on your behalf. Simply ask our staff.
- Can I rent an external lift?
Yes, you can. We will bring the lift to you and explain how to operate it. Please contact us for more information. We’d be happy to advise you.
- Do I have to pay for a pre-move survey?
No. Our pre-move survey to estimate the cost is free and non-binding.
- Do you also do dowelling?
Yes. We can carry out small-scale dowelling jobs within the scope of a move.
- Do you also offer packing assistance?
Yes. Packing crockery, ceramics, art or the like is our speciality. Incidentally, we can also unpack everything after the move. Exactly how you want us to.
- Do you also arrange international removals?
Yes. Whether you’re planning a move in Europe or even overseas, we are the perfect partner. Thanks to our global network of agents, we serve virtually every destination: in Europe with partner firms or sometimes our own fully equipped furniture vans, overseas with shipping containers or lift vans.
- Do you also move pianos, grand pianos or safes?
Yes, we have special equipment for this. Our staff are specially trained to handle particularly heavy and bulky shipments.
- Do you also arrange cleaning?
Yes. Our network of partners includes a cleaning firm.
- What sets your staff apart?
We take great pride in the fact that our staff are not only long-serving, but also highly trained and qualified.
- Do you also offer apprenticeships?
Yes, of course. Apprentices are the future of our industry. We are proud to be able to ease the way for young people to enter the world of work.
- Does Gmür + Co. AG have ISO certification?
Yes, of course. We also have VSU and ASTAG Plus certification.
- Can I use Gmür + Co. AG to move anywhere in Switzerland?
Of course. We can move your private home or business premises over any distance. Both across Switzerland and worldwide.
- Do I have access to my stored goods?
Yes, in a number of ways. You have free access to the self-storage area at any time – 24/7.
Notice must be given however to access the goods stored in our furniture warehouse. Simply make an appointment. A visit to the warehouse is subject to a fee.
- How will my furniture be stored?
We have a state-of-the-art, temperature-controlled furniture warehouse in Emmen/Lucerne. Your furniture and belongings are stored here in large wooden crates. We also have a spacious high bay warehouse.
- Do you also store carpets?
Yes. However, only if these have been thoroughly and professionally cleaned. If you do not wish to make the necessary arrangements, we can do this for you.
- Where is your warehouse?
Our furniture warehouse is in Emmen near Lucerne. It is quick and easy to reach via the motorway junction Buchrain or Emmen Nord. In Sursee und Baar we operate a conventional open warehouse.
- What is self storage?
Self storage offers instant and independent access to a storage place. We currently offer unique self-storage facilities in Central Switzerland.
- How do I rent a self-storage container?
Simply fill out a rental enquiry and send it to us by email, fax or post. We will then send you the rental agreement and invoice without delay via one of the above channels. As soon as we have received your payment and the signed agreement, you will be given free access to your container, which you can secure with your own lock.
- How do you calculate the cost of my self-storage container?
At the beginning of the rental period, the remaining days of the current month are calculated. At the middle of every month, we email you an invoice for the coming rental month. This will always be due before the beginning of the new rental month and should therefore be settled on time.
- What happens with my self-storage container in the event of delayed or non-payment?
How easy is it to forget or lose something when moving? It pays to pay on time – preferably by standing order.
- How do I cancel my self-storage container?
You can cancel your rented container in writing at the end of any given month. A notice period of at least 48 hours must be observed, with partial months being payable as full months.
Once we have carried out a final inspection of the container, we will refund your deposit by bank transfer.
- What do I need to bear in mind when storing my goods?
- It’s best to pack small items in removal boxes. You can rent or buy these from us. Dismantle furniture as much as possible. This saves a lot of space.
- Only store items that are bone dry. Damp or wet items can cause all other items in storage to go mouldy. Make sure upholstered furniture is not overloaded in specific areas. This could cause unsightly pressure marks.
- What am I NOT allowed to store in the warehouse?
For your own safety and the safety of others, any goods that can damage their surroundings in any way or that are excluded from private commerce by law cannot be stored in the warehouse. In particular:
- Flammable or explosive goods
- Food or other perishable items
- No items sensitive to warm or cold temperatures in the self-storage container (outdoors)
If such goods are nevertheless stored, the depositor shall be liable for any resulting damage.
- What happens if my container is too big/small?
If you require more space and thus an additional self-storage container, this can easily be arranged. You can order another container online at any time. Simply do exactly the same as you did when ordering the first container.
If you have too much space in your rented container, you can cancel the container to the end of the month and rent the next smallest container online. Simply proceed as you did when renting your current container.
- Are my goods stored securely?
Goods stored are generally covered by the renter’s household insurance. As a rule, we accept no liability for any damages to stored goods.